'I ain't missing you at all'
Here's a long-distance dedication to my vacationing Stuck in the '80s podcast co-host, Sean Daly:
Oh, who am I kidding? Sean, come back! All is forgiven.
Actually, I catch a lot of grief around here when Sean is gone. Everyone assumes I'm sulking around here, sort of in post-Las Vegas melancholy or something. I'm stopped by co-workers about once an hour and asked, "So, are you doing okay with Sean gone? Has he called? Has he e-mailed? Has he sent flowers?"
Time to clear up some issues...
TOP 5 MYTHS ABOUT THE POWER COUPLE OF SPEARSY AND DALY:
5. WE'RE IN LOVE: Though we're often called each other's "work wife," normally we've very competitive and combative when talking to each other in person. We're known to curse loudly and slam the phone down after our chats. ("Dude, you just NOT just diss the Hoodoo Gurus. That's it!")
4. DALY ISN'T STUCK IN THE '80s: Oh, the hell he isn't. Just stop by his desk, and the '80s CDs vastly outnumber his beloved Amy Winehouse and other crackhead music discs.
3. WE ALWAYS PARTY TOGETHER: Nope. It's rare actually. But when we do throw down, things get broken (and what isn't broken usually needs a trip to the dry cleaners).
2. WE'RE SOCIAL BUTTERFLIES: He's the one who gets invited to work parties and TV appearances. I sit home, play Asteroids and M-Network Baseball on my Atari 2600 and go to sleep alone with my Ione Skye blowup doll.
1. WE ALWAYS LUNCH TOGETHER: Sean usually can't take seeing me eat that super-healthy veggie diet (you know, mac and cheese, french fries) at lunch very often. We do, however, usually find ourselves in the restroom at the same time and have loud, echoing conversations in there, which as we all know is against male protocol.
So until Sean returns on Monday, everyone enjoy a nice meat-free weekend. And keep your voice down in the restroom!