"If you build it, buyers will come?" ... Field of Dreams site for sale
The Field of Dreams field is for sale. It's news that seems inconceivable to '80s fans and baseball nuts alike.
The Dyersville, Iowa, land has been in Don Lansing's family for more than a century, but Dan and Becky Lansing told the AP it's time to give it up. The property includes the baseball diamond, two-bedroom house, six outbuildings, two souvenir stands and 193 acres.
Asking price: $5.4 million.
"We love the land and the field, but it is time for us to head to the locker room," Becky Lansing told the Des Moines Register. “We are getting up there in years and it is time to think about retirement.”
And get this: The sale is without stipulation. That means the new owners could plow over the field, just as the fictitious Ray Kinsella (Kevin Costner) was urged to do in the 1989's Field of Dreams.
Don't bet on that happening.
TOP 5 UNDER-QUOTES LINES FROM 'FIELD OF DREAMS':
5. "You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day. "
4. "It's not my fault you wouldn't play catch with your father!"
3. "Daddy, there is a man on your lawn."
2. "This is my corn. You people are guests in my corn."
1. "Peace, love, dope! Now get the hell out of here!"
Spearsy, stop crying!