"I'll be back" (yeah, yeah ... we know)
The Terminator's epic line -- "I'll be back" -- is the "most-quoted" line in movie history, according to a new survey.
The UK Film Council's survey also includes another 80s line in the top 10: "Nobody puts Baby in a corner," from "Dirty Dancing."
Personally, I've never used the "Baby" line -- ever. Never considered using it. Not even if someone said "Baby" and "corner" in the same sentence and then looked at my longingly.
Here's my personal list of favorite lines to quote. Add your own lines and we'll create a list that'll show those Brits how it's done.
A Personal Most Quotable Lines of the 80s:
- "I want my two dollars" (Better Off Dead)
- "Blane? Oh! That's a major appliance, that's not a name!" (Pretty in Pink)
- "I shall serve no fries before their time." (Fast Times at Ridgemont High)
- "I am looking for a dare to be great situation." (Say Anything)
- "Aloha, Mr. Hand." (Fast Times at Ridgemont High)
- "That's right ... Iceman ... I am dangerous" (Top Gun)
- What are you, people? On dope? (Fast Times at Ridgemont High)
- "Don't order the Schnitzel, they're using Schnauzer." (Stripes)
- "Hey everybody, we're all gonna get laid." (Caddyshack)
- "Maybe you can help me straighten out my Longfellow." (Back to School)
- "Nick's your buddy. Nick's the kind of guy you can trust, the kind of guy you can drink a beer with, the kind of guy who doesn't mind if you puke in his car, Nick." (The Sure Thing)
- "There's no food in your food" (Say Anything)
- "It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole!" (Caddyshack)
- "You using the whole fist, Doc?" (Fletch)
OK, gang, I leave it in your capable hands. In the meantime, I gotta go borrow a towel. My car just hit a water buffalo.