'I'm gonna live forever!'
With all the hoopla over remakes of "Red Dawn," "Meatballs" and "Electric Dreams," here's another Hollywood travesty that almost went unnoticed: An updated version of the 1980 flick "Fame" is currently in production.
Kevin Tancharoen has been picked the direct the movie. (Surely you haven't forgotten his brilliant work on 2004's "Britney Spears: Live from Miami.")
So far, the only cool thing about the remake is that the casting call -- mirroring that of the original film -- is looking mainly for fresh faces. Moviehole.net has a rundown of all the main characters. Most of them sound familiar to the original film, though the names are slightly different.
Still, do we really need another '80s remake? When will the madness stop?
TOP 5 MEMORABLE LINES FROM FAME:
5. "I'm about as flamboyant as a bagel."
4. "Never being happy isn't the same as being unhappy. Is it?"
3. "I like your nose ring. Did it hurt, or is that ethnic?"
2. "I's young, I's single, and I loves to mingle!"
1. "I mean, if I don't have a personality of my own, so what? I'm an actress! I can put on as many personalities as I want!"