'It's hard to bargle nawdle zouss'
Ah yes, just the antidote we all need to fight off the uber-tours from the likes of Van Halen, Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi. Weird Al Yankovic has just announced plans for a summer tour of the U.S.
It's been two years since Weird Al's last album -- "Straight Outta Lynwood." These days, he's more likely to spend his time on short tours and directing music videos for other acts. (The Presidents of the United States of America recently enlisted Weird Al's help shooting and directing their video for "Mixed Up SOB.")
For this summer tour, the gigs start June 27 in Henderson, Nev., and run until late August. No dates are scheduled for Florida this time around, so I guess I'm have to wait longer to catch Weird Al live. In the meantime...
TOP FIVE WEIRD AL VIDEOS:
5. MONEY FOR NOTHING/BEVERLY HILLBILLIES: Originally a dream scene in Weird Al's movie "UHF." [Watch]
4. LIKE A SURGEON: My anti-Madonna psyche just can't get enough of this one. [Watch]
3. FAT: Disturbing on so many levels. (Also reminds of me "Dune." Don't ask why.) [Watch]
2. SMELLS LIKE NIRVANA: Best line - "A garage band, from Seattle, well it sure beats, raising cattle" or, OR ... "It's hard to bargle nawdle zouss, with all these marbles in my mouth." [Watch]
1. EAT IT: So good, you can never tell if it's "Eat It" or "Beat It" until you find out if the guy at the lunch counter spits out his drink in the beginning. [Watch]
[Photo from weirdal.com]