I've had the time of my life (again): 'Dirty Dancing' set for remake
Now I know what you're thinking -- AAAAAaaaargh! No more She's Like The Wind! And really, do we need to remake an '80s movie about the '60s in the '00s? Seriously, stop asking. Hollywood stopped listening long ago. (Sometime between the announcements that they're remaking Red Dawn and Electric Dreams.)
Slashfilm.com rightly points out that between the successful stage production that continues to tour internationally and the staggering profits the original film raked in, a remake was inevitable. Doesn't mean we have to like it though!
TOP 5 CHEESIEST LINES FROM DIRTY DANCING:
5. "I have to say it. I'm known as the catch of the county."
4. "This Danish is pure protein."
3. "My God, it's Cleopatra. I feel like such an asp."
2. "Go back to your playpen, Baby."
1. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner."