Joe Jackson is steppin' out again
Joe Jackson is setting off on a world tour that will bring him to North America in the spring. The tour supports Jackson's new album -- "Rain" -- set for release on Jan. 28.
His website says the new disc's sound reflects the work from 1982's "Night and Day" album, Jackson's best-selling piece of work and home to hits including "Steppin' Out" and "Breaking Us In Two." Many of the songs have appeared live in recent tours, so they won't be surprises to his longtime fans.
"I wasn't in a hurry to make a new album," Jackson says on his website. "I used to be a bit of a workaholic, but I am now much more patient. The quantity has gone down, but the quality has gone up."
Jackson (real name: David Ian Jackson) hasn't been hibernating since the 80s. He's scored five Grammy nominations from 1979 to 2001. Lately, he's been in the news a lot of his campaign against smoking, even penning a pamphlet called "The Smoking Issue" in 2005.
TOP 5 JOE JACKSON TUNES:
5. Be My Number Two: "Don't try to play your funny games on me."
4. Happy Ending: "Do I think about the end when it's only just the start?"
3. Breaking Us In Two: "We could stay at home and stare into each other's eyes."
2. Steppin' Out: "Look and dry your eyes."
1. Is She Really Going Out With Him: " 'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something going wrong around here."
Yes, I know. That last tune was recorded in '79. But it charted in the 80s too. And you try picking out another Joe Jackson song you recognize!
[Publicity image provided by joejackson.com]