John Cusack speaks!
So as advertised previously, John Cusack joined host James Lipton for this week's "Inside the Actor's Studio" last night on Bravo. At the Stuck in the 80s household, it was a holiday celebration marked by the traditional treats of processed cheese slices and vienna sausages on a toothpick.
How did Cusack do? Ooookay. He was polite. A little quiet. The only 80s movie that got significant attention was "Say Anything." (Class, The Sure Thing and Sixteen Candles were mentioned in passing; no mention of Better Off Dead.)
For his hard-core fans, there wasn't any new ground unearthed during the hour-long interview. So the only real drama was waiting for his answers to the infamous Bernard Pivot questionnaire. So here are Cusack's answers:
1. Favorite word: Kinkajou
2. Least-favorite word: Ferret
3. What turns you on: Energy
4. What turns you off: Passivity
5. Sound or noise you love: A home run
6. Sound or noise you hate: A home run against the Cubs
7. Favorite curse word: (He choose 3 words unprintable here, including the most dreaded of all curse words.)
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? A musician
9. What profession would you not like to do? Anything with a morgue or dead bodies.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "What happened?"
That's not even close to what Lloyd Dobler would say.