John Goodman is a magnificent pagan god
The profane "About Last Night" version of Jim Belushi maybe. Or goofball Tom Arnold. Maybe even Jason Bateman if you fed him a couple extra pizzas, forced a few kegs of beer into his gut and beefed him up a little.
But my money's on the beloved John Goodman, one of best bit players in the 80s before making it big on TV. Goodman, who turns 56 years old today, improved a slew of flicks with just the flashing of his welcoming, double-chinned smile.
Happy Birthday, Big Guy. And start thinking of what you'd look like once you adopt my Stuck in the 80s spiked hair style for our flick!
TOP 5 JOHN GOODMAN MOVIES OF THE 80s:
5. SEA OF LOVE (1989): "Man, that'll be a hell of a story in court. 'Well, Your Honor, first I whipped it out, then she whipped it out, if you know what I mean.' "
4. TRUE STORIES (1986): "I'm 6'3", and maintain a very consistent panda bear shape."
3. RAISING ARIZONA (1987): "What my brother here means to say is that we felt that the institution no longer had anything to offer us."
2. ALWAYS (1989): "You magnificent pagan god!"
1. REVENGE OF THE NERDS (1984): "You know, when you were a baby in your crib, your father looked down at you, he had but one hope - some day my son will grow to be a man."