Kevin Bacon is almost 50 years old?
No way. He'll always be "Ren" to us, dressing like "David Bowie" in Footloose. Alas, that was 23 years ago. Kevin Bacon, who turns 49 years old on Sunday, was last spotted Saturday night on the New Jersey stage for Live Earth (along with all the cool Hollywood celebs. Where was Tom Selleck? Home polishing his gun collection, I guess.)
I realize that the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" is probably his legacy. I have another theory about Kevin: With the exception of Footloose, movies he co-stars in are SO much better than movies he stars in.
Starred in: Footloose, Quicksilver, The Big Picture, Tremors, The Air Up There, Hollow Man.
Co-starred in: A Few Good Men, Apollo 13, Sleepers, Diner, She's Having a Baby, JFK.
I could go on and on, but that would only disprove my theory. (Hey, I never claimed it was bullet-proof.)
FIVE MEMORABLE KEVIN BACON LINES:
- "Uh, well, if anyone from the, uh, from the IRS is watching, I... forgot to file my, my, my 1040 return. Um, I meant to do it today" (Apollo 13)
- "Hey, I like that hat, man. They sell men's clothes where you got that?" (Footloose)
- "College is like high school with ashtrays." (She's Having a Baby)
- "There are no small jobs here. A newspaper is a daily miracle." (He Said, She Said)
- "Thank you, sir! May I have another?" (Animal House)