Kirk, my old friend: Greatest sequels in the 80s
So, 80s fans, you're split on the idea of a Ferris Bueller sequel, eh? You wonder if there's enough magic left in Hollywood to do justice to that John Hughes classic? You think sequels are all garbage?
Well, to paraphrase the poetry of Fast Time's legendary scalper Mike Damone ("Scalper? Did you call me a scalper??"): Can you honestly tell me you forgot? Forgot the magnetism of Kirk vs. Khan? Or the charisma of Clubber Lang or Ivan Drago?
The 80s were full of memorable sequels (and yes, some very bad ones. Just click here). After much thought, I give you...
15 BEST MOVIE SEQUELS FROM THE 80s:
15. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986): "Your use of language has altered since our arrival. It is currently laced with, shall we say, more colorful metaphors, 'double dumb-ass on you' and so forth."
13. Return of the Jedi (1983): "Good, I can feel your anger. I am unarmed. Take your weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete."
11. Lethal Weapon 2 (1989): "Guys like you don't die on toilets."
9. Rocky 3 (1982): "I don't hate Balboa. I pity the fool, and I will destroy any man who tries to take what I got!"
8. Christmas Vacation (1989): "We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f---ing Kaye.
7. Aliens (1986): "Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!"
3. Empire Strikes Back (1980): "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm?"
2. The Road Warrior (1981): "I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
1. Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan (1982): "Ah, Kirk, my old friend, do you know the Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold? ... It is very cold -- in space."