Ladies and gentlemen ... rock and roll: First 10 videos to appear on MTV
It's all MTV, all weekend here at Stuck in the '80s as we prepare to celebrate (and mourn) the network's 30th anniversary. How should we celebrate? A Jersey Shore marathon? Break out our collection of The Real World dvds? Maybe join the official Teen Mom Facebook page?
I'd rather be impaled by the official MTV flag on the moon first.
No. Let's start with the first 10 music videos to appear on MTV on Aug. 1, 1981.
1. VIDEO KILLED THE RADIO STAR, The Buggles
2. YOU BETTER RUN, Pat Benatar
3. SHE WON'T DANCE WITH ME, Rod Stewart (who had the most numbers of videos played on Day 1.)
4. YOU BETTER YOU BET, The Who (which repeated again at No. 55, making it the first video to appear twice)
5. LITTLE SUSIE'S ON THE UP, Ph.D.
6. WE DON'T TALK ANYMORE, Cliff Richard
7. BRASS IN POCKET, The Pretenders
8. TIME HEALS, Todd Rundgren
9. TAKE IT ON THE RUN, REO Speedwagon
10. ROCKIN' THE PARADISE, Styx