Live Idol chat again tonight
And so it goes that I'll once again be hosting a live chat tonight on his Pop Life blog during American Idol's auditions from Atlanta.
So if you're so inclined to read my running commentary and chat along between adult beverages, come find me there at 8 p.m. I'll be the one with the speech impediment. (Who am I kidding? We're still in the Deep South, y'all.)
TOP 5 THINGS TO EXPECT FROM IDOL IN ATLANTA:
5. Obligatory shot of the Varsity Restaurant, and those bedeviling chili dogs that haunt my dreams ... and my keg-sized gut.
4. At least a dozen really painful references to peaches and "Gone With The Wind." Maybe Paula pulling a Vivien Leigh and saying, "Rhett, you big stud, take me to bed or lose me forever." Wait, wrong movie.
3. More explosive self-loathing from Simon. But that's OK in Atlanta. Just ask the Braves, Falcons, Hawks and Georgia Tech fans.
2. Randy will arrange for Georgia State Troopers to administer a sobriety test for Paula after she mistakenly votes to send her folding chair to Hollywood.
1. Ryan Seacrest opening the show outside the Georgia Dome and the statue honoring Michael Vick. Well, maybe not.