Looks more like a frat party gone bad
Another year, another shameful industry award show that can tucked away in the closet until next time. Last night's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was everything Rock and Roll isn't supposed to be: corporate, phony and ultimately embarrassing to those performing and those watching.
Velvet Revolver playing Van Halen songs? Patti Smith playing Rolling Stone songs? Keith Richards with a Johnny Depp mustache? Turning to a grunge musician to save the day? Oh ... my ... god.
I could go on forever, but thanks to the magic of the Internet, I can simply redirect you to a fantastiche recap of the night's events -- muchos gracias to phillyburbs.com. Just click here to read an ongoing account of last night's crime against humanity.
And remember: It's never too early to think about ways to screw up next year's induction ceremony.
Top 5 ways to ruin the 2008 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony:
5. Master of ceremonies -- a sober Eddie Van Halen.
4. Dennis DeYoung inducts Journey; Steve Perry inducts Styx.
3. Max Headroom reanimated to sing medley of Whitney Houston songs.
2. In fluke vote, Wyld Stallyons -- from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure -- is voted into Hall.
1. Just rebroadcast this year's show.