'MacGyver' coming to the big screen
Originally airing on ABC from 1985 to 1992, MacGyver starred Richard Dean Anderson as Angus MacGyver, an EXTREMELY resourceful secret agent who could escape from just about any danger with his ever-present Swiss Army knife and whatever he could find in a pocket or desk drawer.
The Hollywood Reporter says Raffaella De Laurentiis (daughter of Dino De Laurentiis) is producing the movie along with series creator Lee Zlotoff. While no writer is attached, the production team says they're committed to maintaining the TV show's adventurous yet humorous tone.
TOP 5 MEMORABLE 'MACGYVER' LINES:
5. "When James Bond gets an assignment, he probably ends up on the Riviera, up to his 007's in bikinis. Me? I end up 80 miles past nowhere."
4. "Egg whites are good for a lot of things - lemon meringue pie, angel food cake and clogging up radiators."
3. "A paperclip can be a wondrous thing."
2. "If I had some duct tape, I could fix that."
1. "Trouble just never lets up, does it?"