Meet the new 'Conan the Barbarian'
Sure, he looks the part more or less. But get ready for the freaky coincidences:
- Like Schwarzenegger, Kickinger is an bodybuilder-turned-actor.
- Both hail from Austria.
- Like the "Governator," Kickinger also had a part in the latest Terminator flick (Terminator Salvation).
- Kickinger even played the role of Schwarzenegger in a 2005 television bio-pic called See Arnold Run.
- Oh, and as a child, Kickinger's entire family and village also was slaughtered by a snake-worshiping cult led by James Earl Jones.
(Still looking for a source on that last item, but it sounds right.)
According to reports, Lionsgate and Nu Image/Millennium are already in talks with Kickinger. Few other details of the production are available, other than the director's seat, which goes to Marcus Nispel (who handled the latest "Friday the 13th" remake.)
TOP 5 LINES FROM CONAN THE BARBARIAN:
5. "He is Conan, Cimmerian, he won't cry, so I cry for him."
4. "All the gods, they cannot sever us. If I were dead and you were still fighting for life, I'd come back from the darkness. Back from the pit of hell to fight at your side. "
3. "You broke into my house, stole my property, murdered by servants and my pets, and THAT is what grieves me the most! You killed my snake."
2. "Kiss me. Let me breathe my last breath into your mouth."
1. "What is best in life? ... To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
[Photo: Roland Kickinger from the movie 'See Arnold Run']