Midnight Run 2 on the way ... Somebody warn Special Agent Mosely
Midnight Run 2?!? It's been approximately 36 billion years since the first movie, give or take, but Hollywood feels now's the right time to find out what bounty hunter Jack Walsh has been up to.
Universal Pictures has hired Brett Ratner to direct the sequel to the 1988 movie, and YES, Robert De Niro is set to reprise his role as Jack, according to Deadline.com. The big question left: Will Charles Grodin return as turncoat mob accountant The Duke?
"While Grodin usually turns down jobs that keep him from sleeping in his own bed at night, he said he’s open to participating in this one if it comes up," writes Mike Fleming of Deadline.com. Well, it's come up. So my money's on The Duke.
TOP 5 PRINTABLE LINES FROM MIDNIGHT RUN:
5. "These sunglasses, they're really nice: are they government-issued, or all you guys go to the same store to get them?"
4. "Where am I? I'm in Boise, Idaho; no, no, no, wait a minute: I'm in Anchorage, Alaska. No, no, wait: I'm in Casper, Wyoming; I'm in the lobby of a Howard Johnson's and I'm wearing a pink carnation."
3. "Is this moron number one? Put moron number two on the phone."
2. "Why are you so unpopular with the Chicago police department?"
1. "Looks like I'm walkin'."