Monkees, Michael Nesmith reunite for first tour without Davy Jones
I'm not sure if this is happy or sad news: The Monkees will perform their first live shows since star Davy Jones died in February. Michael Nesmith, Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork announced that the group will launch a 12-date U.S. tour in November. It's the band's first tour with Nesmith since 1997.
Jones died of a heart attack on Feb. 29 at age 66.
Generally, Nesmith has avoided many of the recent Monkees tours. So this is a bit of a shocker. The band's "official" website had this statement from Michael:
So the big news from here is that I made the most amazing gazpacho tonight — miracle gazpacho. A miracle because I have no idea how I did it and could never do it again.
But the really big news — astounding — is that I suddenly understand that it is the red Bell pepper that makes the gazpacho red — not the tomato — which is what I always thought. Amazing.
Another jaw dropper was that the only cracker I had left — a very nice garlic and chive flat bread cracker — fell out of the bag it was in because I was inadvertently holding it upside down and it fell on the floor and broke into dozens of pieces.
So just as I was about to eat the miracle gazpacho the only cracker I had was useless in pieces on the floor. Talk about drama — man its just so hard sometimes.But that’s all the news from here. Nothing else much to report. I see they put a car on Mars — that was kind of amusing of course.
And Micky and Peter and I are going to do twelve concerts in November here in the States.That’s really all I’ve got. Going to bed now.
I’ll post pictures of the cracker and the gazpacho tomorrow, maybe. Maybe not.
The tour kicks off Nov. 8 in Escondido, Calif. It wraps on Dec. 2 in New York. No Florida dates are currently listed. It will highlight Jones "in the show's multimedia content."
Here are the dates:
- NOV 08 California Center for the Arts – Escondido CA
- NOV 09 Arlington Theatre – Santa Barbara CA
- NOV 10 Greek Theatre – Los Angeles CA
- NOV 11 Flint Center for the Performing Arts – Cupertino CA
- NOV 15 State Theatre – Minneapolis MN
- NOV 16 The Chicago Theatre – Chicago IL
- NOV 17 Lakewood Civic Auditorium – Cleveland OH
- NOV 18 The Center for the Arts – Buffalo NY
- NOV 29 Keswick Theatre – Philadelphia PA
- NOV 30 State Theatre Regional Arts Center – New Brunswick NJ
- DEC 01 The Paramount – Huntington NY
- DEC 02 The Beacon Theatre – New York NY