Most unromantic songs of the '80s (Part 1): Adam Ant to Weird Al
What was Capt. Kirk's only great line from 1989's Star Trek V: The Final Frontier? " I don't want my pain taken away! I need my pain!" Kirk would have loved '80s music. It was chock full of pain, heartbreak, total despair. God, how I love it.
To celebrate the part of each of our hearts that has turned black as coal, I asked St. Paul, MN, correspondent Dr. Dim to rank our readers' suggestions for Most Unromantic Songs of the '80s. The Dimster, an art school grad with a passion for alt, indie and college radio, was more than happy (or sad?) to do it. And just to prolong the misery, I've broken his list into two parts. Today, you get 11 to 20. On Saturday, you'll get the top 10.
TOP 20 MOST UNROMANTIC SONGS OF THE '80s: (Part 1, 11-20)
20. MADE OF MONEY - Adam Ant (1982) "Marriages are made in heaven so what the hell happened to mine?"
19. MISS YOU - Eric Clapton (1986) "I can't forgive you, still I'm gonna miss you"
18. COLD SHOT - Stevie Ray Vaughn (1984) "You showed your appreciation by walking out anyway"
17. 2 LATE 4 LOVE - Tesla (1986) "Now all I need is someone just to get me through the night, any more is too much for me"
16. LOVE KILLS - Joe Strummer (1986) "But I don't know what love is, is there something else giving me the chills?"
15. LOVE KILLS - Freddie Mercury (1984) "Hey, love don't give no justification, it strikes like cold steel"
14. I DON'T BELIEVE IN LOVE - Queensryche (1988) "I don't believe in love, it's never worth the pain that you feel"
13. DON'T WANT TO KNOW IF YOU ARE LONELY - Husker Du (1986) "From the beginning we both knew it wouldn't last, decisions have been made, the dye has been cast"
12. USED TO LOVE HER - Guns 'N' Roses (1988) "I had to put her six feet under and I can still hear her complain"
11. ONE MORE MINUTE - Weird Al Yankovic (1985) "Cause I'd rather get a hundred thousand paper cuts on my face than spend one more minute with you"