Mystic Pizza's secret ingredient
The first really good look at Julia Roberts maybe? Our man Vincent D'Onofrio as as the rejected fisherman, one year away his epic performance as "Private Pyle" in "Full Metal Jacket"? The always intoxicating Lili Taylor, just a year before her best flick, "Say Anything?" ("That'll never be me, that'll never be me. That'll never be, never be me. No, no, no!")
All good guesses, but you're missing the true genius -- the eternal innocence and beauty of Annabeth Gish.
(Well, Annabeth and whatever they put in the pizza sauce. Because I every time I see the movie, I end up ordering $50 worth of delivery from Pizza Hut.)
I'm not the only person obsessed with Annabeth. There's an entire website devoted to her every breath on this planet -- All Things Annabeth. About time the Internet did something for the public good ... aside from this blog, of course.
What is Annabeth up to these days? Still acting, of course. She appeared in TV's "West Wing" in 2003, playing the oldest eldest daughter of President Bartlet. In 2006, she appeared in "The Celestine Prophecy" and Showtime's "Brotherhood."
In 2009, maybe as the role of the next "Mrs. Stuck in the 80s?" She's just gotta dump that stunt-man husband of hers. While I wait patiently...
TOP 5 MEMORABLE ROLES OF ANNABETH GISH:
5. SLC PUNK (1998): Hey, it's about a punk named Stevo. So I'm on the right track.
4. WYATT EARP (1994): She dies. Hope I didn't give anything away.
3. SHAG (1989): "It isn't a bone at all, it's a muscle."
2. HIDING OUT (1987): "Crying ... over you..."
1. MYSTIC PIZZA (1988): As Yale-bound "Kat" -- the world's sexiest babysitter and planetarium guide -- she turns every red-blooded male into an Ivy League fan and astrology junkie. I'm still seeing stars.