A new life for "Faithfully"
Journey's Jonathan Cain has remade the band's hit "Faithfully" into a duet with up-and-coming country music star Mica Roberts. Any chance it'll be a hit? Sure thing. This week, it hit #7 on the adult-contemporary charts.
My first impression: Great job remaking the song into a much more mellow tune while staying -- ahem -- faithful to the original. Cain is no Steve Perry, but then again, Steve Perry isn't Steve Perry these days.
(And yes, I've now won a bet from Times pop music Sean Daly who said there's no way I could put Perry's full name three times in the same sentence.)
Would you consider "Faithfully" to be Journey's best ballad? Check out today's list and sound off:
TOP 5 JOURNEY BALLADS:
5. Who's Cryin' Now: "The fighting is worth the love they save."
4. Still They Ride: "This ole town ain't the same. Now nobody knows his name."
3. Lights: "So you think you're lonely. Well, my friend, I'm lonely too."
2. Open Arms: "Living without you, living alone. This empty house seems so cold."
1. Faithfully: "I get the joy of rediscovering you."