New podcast: Romance in the 80s
Last year, Stuck in the 80s thumbed its nose at Valentine's Day with our special "Love Stinks" podcast. (Go back and listen again if you must.)
This year, we're embracing all the gooey, sticky, homicidal romantic tendencies of the 80s in our latest podcast -- "We Really Love 'Love' Afterall" episode.
So get ready to enjoy our picks for best romantic movies of the decade along with some syrupy love songs that will have whistling Air Supply out your who-ha in no time.
Why all the love? Because it was a one-on-one, candle-lit podcast with me and Stephanie Hayes. (Shhh, nobody tell Sean Daly.)
Also, let me know what you think of the new theme music for the show, provided by Germany's Check Battery Daily.
TOP 5 ROMANTIC 80s MOVIES YOU PROBABLY FORGOT OR NEVER SAW:
5. ROXANNE (1987): Steve Martin, Daryl Hannah. "Your breasts, they're like melons. No, no, they're like pillows. Can I fluff your pillows?"
4. LADYHAWKE (1985): Matthew Broderick, Rutger Hauer. "I should have known better; every happy moment in my life has come from lying."
3. ALWAYS (1989): Richard Dreyfuss, Holly Hunter. "I know now, that the love we hold back is the only pain that follows us here."
2. MADE IN HEAVEN (1987): Timothy Hutton, Kelly McGillis. "Remember heaven? All you have to do is think about where you want to be and you're there."
1. SOMEWHERE IN TIME (1980): Christopher Reeve, Jane Seymour. "Come back to me."