The new Yogi: Dan Aykroyd is smarter than your average '80s star
The latest will be a real bear. Warner Bros. plans a live-action/computer-animated version of Yogi Bear. Hmmm, that could be good ... depending on the voices.
According to Variety, the first choices are Dan Aykroyd as Yogi and Justin Timberlake as his trusty sidekick. “Heeeey, Boo-Boo. This sounds tastier than that pic-a-nic basket!”
Aykroyd has the perfect voice for Yogi, and unlike other '80s stars, he seems to have a better eye lately for picking movie projects with potential. (Christmas with the Kranks? Okay, I take that back.)
As long as Will Ferrell doesn’t show up as Ranger Smith, we think Hollywood’s back on the right track again.
TOP 5 DAN AYKROYD ROLES OF THE '80s:
(BTW, it's totally worth clicking on the links below to see the videos, just to remember how truly bad trailers were in the '80s.)
5. JOE FRIDAY (Dragnet): "Look out. Muppets."
4. ROMAN CRAIG (The Great Outdoors): "Why do Chet's kids look at him like he's Zeus and my kids look at me like I'm a rack of lawn tools at Sears?"
3. BOOLIE WERTHAN (Driving Miss Daisy): "You're a doodle, Mama."
2. LOUIS WINTHORPE III (Trading Places): "Those men wanted to have sex with me!"
1. ELWOOD BLUES (The Blues Brothers): "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now."
Just missed the list: Vic (Neighbors), Austin Millbarge (Spies Like Us), Dr. Raymond Stantz (Ghostbusters), John Burns (The Couch Trip)
Not a chance: Clifford Skridlow (Doctor Detroit), Steven Mills (My Stepmother Is an Alien), Capt. Tom Everett (Caddyshack 2)