No Confusion here: All these videos rock
We've reached the top 20 of the best music videos of the 80s. Today, we take a look at 11 through 20. (Click here to see Nos. 21-30, 31-40 and 41-50.) Time to honor the obvious (another Duran Duran video) and some of the not-so-obvious (Art of Noise, Godley & Creme, Sigue Sigue Sputnik).
Best music videos of the 80s:
20. Land of Confusion, Genesis (view)
19. Don't Come Around Here No More, Tom Petty (view)
18. Walk This Way, Run-DMC and Aerosmith (view)
17. Cry, Godley & Creme (view)
16. Love Missile F1-11, Sigue Sigue Sputnik (view)
15. Touch of Grey, Grateful Dead (view)
14. Close to the Edit, Art of Noise (view)
13. Rio, Duran Duran (view)
12. Once in a Lifetime, Talking Heads (view)
11. You Might Think, The Cars (view)
Most disturbing: Probably Land of Confusion. The puppets give me nightmares. But so does the little punk rock girl in Close to the Edit.
Cheesecake/beefcake: No-brainer here ... Rio by Duran Duran. (Roger gets the crabs.)
Personal fave: We're in the top 20, so they're all exceptional. Just enjoy all the warm, chewy goodness.
[Video image; click to enlarge]