No, Heather. It's Heather's turn for a new DVD
Just because it's possible that some of us don't blow our entire paychecks on repackaged DVDs: Did you forget the 20th anniversary of Heathers is nearly upon us? "Well, (bleep) me gently with a chainsaw!"
Anchor Bay Entertainment is re-releasing the 1989 high school classic starring Winona Ryder, Christian Slater and Shannen Doherty. Due out Nov. 18, "Heathers: Limited Edition Locker Set" has a ton of extras, according to DVDactive.com, including:
- A featurette called "Return to Westerburg High.''
- A full-length audio commentary by the director, producer and writer. (What? None of the stars? Guess they had to motor to the big party or something.)
- A 20-page hardcover yearbook (What's the up-chuck factor on that?).
- A T-shirt (yes, one of them is reportedly a ''Big Fun'' shirt).
- Refrigerator magnets. (Hey, even Stuck in the '80s gives out free fridge magnets!)
- A "collectible Westerburg algebra book." (In case you send your SAT scores to San Quentin instead of Stanford, maybe?)
Oh yeah, and two actual DVDs. Because chances are, you actually like the movie. (If you listened to our podcast on the movie a couple of years ago, you know my take.)
Personally, I think they're missing some essential ingredients. Where are the collectible corn nuts? (BBQ, of course.) No coupons for drain cleaner? No home set for strip croquet? Not even any sexually perverse photography involving tennis rackets? Whatever, Heather.