No TomKatting around here
If you were hoping for coverage or commentary on Saturday's Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes wedding, look elsewhere. Because unless Tom cancels the ceremony and instead announces plans to star in a musical stage version of "All The Right Moves," I won't be saying a thing.
10 things worth discussing more than the TomKat wedding:
8. Who at the World Music Awards thought that booking Michael Jackson to perform would help boost their credibility? (Possibly the same genius behind booking Lindsay Lohan as the host.)
5. Speaking of 80s battles, which is the best comic strip of the decade: Bloom County or Calvin & Hobbes? Actual answer: Neither. It was The Far Side.
4. Favorite MTV veejay from the 80s? Martha Quinn will always hold a special place in the heart (and pants) of every teen male during that time, but Adam Curry is the correct answer. Check out his Daily Source Code podcast. Brilliant! (Adam, I'm a folder.)
3. Best John Candy flick? I'm going with Planes, Trains and Automobiles, which by the way is the perfect movie to watch for the Thanksgiving holidays. (Second place: Stripes.)
1. OK, one TomKat mention. I'm taking bets now: Will the TomKat marriage last longer than the Britney-KFed marriage? Let's just hope that when both travesties are over, all four of them disappear from the public consciousness for at least 5 years.