Not part of his speech: 'When do those Earth Wind & Fire tickets get in?'
Forest Whitaker is now is the proud owner of an Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as Idi Amin in The Last King of Scotland. A tear of joy rolls down the collective cheek of 80s fans as we sigh, "I remember him as...."
- "Charles Jefferson" in Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
- "Balldozer" in Vision Quest (1985)
- "Amos" in The Color on Money (1986)
- "Big Harold" in Platoon (1986)
- "Pfc. Edward Garlick" in Good Morning Vietnam (1987)
- "Charlie Parker" in Bird (1988)
- "Rawlins" in Bloodsport (1988)
Oh my, how time has passed. Come to think of it, now three cast members of Fast Times at Ridgemont High have won Oscars -- Whitaker, Sean Penn (Mystic River in 2003) and Nicolas Cage (Leaving Las Vegas in 1995).
Which of the remaining cast members is most likely to win an Oscar next? (I warn you: Don't hold your breath). Here are the latest odds:
- Jennifer Jason Leigh ("Stacy"): Even money
- Judge Reinhold ("Brad"): 20 to 1
- Phoebe Cates ("Linda"): 50 to 1
- Robert Romanus ("Damone"): 500 to 1
- Brian Backer ("Rat"): 900 to 1
- Ray Walston ("Mr. Hand"): Off the board