Oh-oh here they come ... to court!
The lawsuit says Hall & Oates discovered in 2007 that another songwriter had used their hit song in a recording in 2006. The suit against Warner/Chappell Music Inc. seeks "unspecified money damages and want to terminate their agreement with Warner/Chappell," according to the Associated Press.
Really? Maneater? I mean, if there was ever a Hall & Oates hit to sort of let go of, it's probably that one. It's meandering, borderline-annoying and largely forgettable some 26 years later. That being said, I say sue the pants off any contemporary pop bozo who dares touch the work of the mighty Hall & Oates.
TOP 5 HALL & OATES HITS OF THE 80s:
5. MANEATER (1982): "She's sitting with you but her eyes are on the door." [Video]
4. OUT OF TOUCH (1984): "I'm out of my head when you're not around." [Video]
3. I CAN'T GO FOR THAT (1981): "You got the body, now you want my soul." [Video]
2. KISS ON MY LIST (1981): "I'm just better off not listening to friends' advice." [Video]
1. PRIVATE EYES (1981): "I'm a spy but on your side." [Video]