'Oink, oink my good man!': 'Vacation' sequel will star Rusty Griswold
The holiday road never ends. A new sequel is planned for 1983's National Lampoon's Vacation, though this time the spotlight would officially pass from Clark Griswold to his son Rusty.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, New Line is developing the project, with David Dobkin (Wedding Crashers) on board to produce and possibly direct.
"The younger Griswold is now a father in his own right and takes his family on a road trip vacation," according to the Reporter. "The characters would acknowledge that first trip, making the movie more of a sequel than a reboot."
Even better news: The sequel would make room for Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo, who played Clark and Ellen Griswold in the original flicks, to appear as grandparents.
No word on who'd play Rusty Griswold. The son was played by four different actors during the four Vacation movies: Anthony Michael Hall (Vacation, 1983), Jason Lively (European Vacation, 1985), Johnny Galecki (Christmas Vacation, 1989) and Ethan Embry (Vegas Vacation, 1997)
Also no word on how soon the movie could reach theaters. (Answer: Not soon enough!)
TOP 5 RUSTY GRISWOLD LINES FROM THE 'VACATION' FRANCHISE:
5. "Can't you just wrap me up in a blanket and roll me across the bed again?"
4. "Oh, woo. Look at the time. I gotta get to bed. I still gotta brush my teeth, feed the hog ..."
3. "Dad, I think he's gonna pork her."
2. "That was a crummy Wyatt Earp, dad. He was wearing jogging shoes."
1. "Oink oink, my good man!"