The perfume of a Prince
If he were any other artist, a gig at a department store would smell more like desperation. But for Prince, who's been on top of the world since his Super Bowl halftime gig in Miami, his planned performance at a Minneapolis Macy's is probably the first whiff of another success.
Prince's July 7 show at Macy's will kick off the sale of his new perfume -- 3121 (not coincidentally also the name of his new album and website). According to his website, the 3121 fragrance "was created in full concert with the artist, resulting in an enticing scent that captures the essence of his eclectic style and music genius."
For fans who can't get enough of the Purple One, he's offering "The Ultimate Prince Xperience." For $250, fans get a ticket to the Macy's show, a seat at Prince's Target Center concert later that night, a 3.4-ounce bottle of the female fragrance -- and a t-shirt, of course.
Prince lyric trivia challenge
Can you name the songs in which these lines appear?
1. "Ain't nothin' but a muffin"
2. "Is it really necessary for me to go out of the room just because you wanna undress?"
3. "Love will conquer if you just believe"
4. "A love like ours is never out of season"
5. "Everybody's got a bomb, we could all die any day"