Peter Gabriel tour to celebrate 25th anniversary of 'So' album
Peter Gabriel's "Back to Front" 2012 tour will celebrate the 25th anniversary of his landmark So album, which he'll play start to finish during each concert. That means legendary tunes like Red Rain, Don't Give Up and Sledgehammer live again.
Even better news: Gabriel plans to reunite as many members as possible from his original So touring band. The album, which was released May 19, 1986, also will be re-released as a CD, special-edition 3-disc set and even a deluxe box set, according to Pollstar.com.
Now the bad news: It's not a very long tour. At least not yet. And no Southeast dates have been announced. Pollstar says (or hopes) that more dates will be released soon. Here's what we have now.
PETER GABRIEL 2012 TOUR DATES:
- Sept. 16 – Quebec City, Quebec, Quebec Colisee Pepsi
- Sept. 18 – Montreal, Quebec, Bell Centre
- Sept. 19 – Toronto, Ontario, Air Canada Centre
- Sept. 21 – Philadelphia, Pa., Wells Fargo Center
- Sept. 23 – Wantagh, N.Y., Nikon At Jones Beach Theater
- Sept. 24 – Boston, Mass., TD Garden
- Sept. 26 – Auburn Hills, Mich., The Palace Of Auburn Hills
- Sept. 27 – Chicago, Ill., United Center
- Sept. 30 – Morrison, Colo., Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- Oct. 2 – San Jose, Calif., HP Pavilion At San Jose
- Oct. 5 – Las Vegas, Nev., Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
- Oct. 6 – Los Angeles, Calif., Hollywood Bowl
- Oct. 9 – Santa Barbara, Calif., Santa Barbara Bowl