Porky's director dies in crash
Clark and his son Ariel Hanrath-Clark were driving down the Pacific Coast Highway in the Pacific Palisades when their vehicle was hit head-on by an SUV that steered into the wrong lane, according to police. The driver of that vehicle has been arrested for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol and gross vehicular manslaughter, according to the Associated Press.
His name may not be familiar to casual film fans, but hard-core 80s addicts know his work.
Top 5 flicks in the 80s directed by Bob Clark:
5. Porky's 2 - The Next Day (1983): "I'm so hot! I want all of you guys. But especially you!"
4. From The Hip (1987): "Is this your idea of a pep talk?"
3. Turk 182 (1985): "There are two theories. The first is that this is an organized conspiracy. The other more bizarre theory is that this is the work of one man - Superman, apparently!"
2. Porky's (1982): "Peewee, tie a knot in it."
1. A Christmas Story (1983): "Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian."