Really a 'Once in a Lifetime' tour
Look who's finally coming around to good sense: David Byrne is planning a fall tour and will play the tunes he made famous with Talking Heads.
The full list of dates hasn't been released yet, but a few dates are known: Sept. 20 in Atlanta, Sept. 26 at the Austin City Limits festival and Oct. 4 in Santa Barbara, Calif., according to the Reuters news service.
And although the tour is technically called "The Songs of Talking Heads' David Byrne and Roxy Music founder Brian Eno," Reuters says Eno will not be joining Byrne on the tour. The two musicians recently finished a new studio album -- their first joint product since 1981. Look for its release later this year.
Byrne left Talking Heads back in 1991, pursuing a solo career instead. Though the group reunited to perform in 2002 at their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, don't look for a full-time reunion anytime soon. That's one reason why this tour is a can't-miss opportunity. Here are a couple more...
TOP 5 TALKING HEADS SONGS FROM THE 80s:
5. BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE: "Cool babies. Strange but not a stranger." [Video]
4. GIRLFRIEND IS BETTER: "We wanna wait, but here we go again." [Video]
3. AND SHE WAS: "She had a pleasant elevation." [Video]
2. THIS MUST BE THE PLACE: "Cover up and say goodnight." [Video]
1. ONCE IN A LIFETIME: "And you may tell yourself, this is not my beautiful wife!" [Video]