Relax! Frankie Goes to Hollywood to reunite!
Twenty-five years ago, the hysteria over Frankie Goes to Hollywood in Britain was considered second only to the Beatles. But the Liverpool-bred band self-destructed after just two albums in 1986.
British tabloids today say that the members of Frankie -- Holly Johnson, Paul Rutherford, Peter Gill, Mark O'Toole and Brian Nash -- have decided to reunite and tour in the UK after the success of a Virgin Atlantic ad that features their signature hit Relax.
Also in the works are a new best-of collection of their hits and possibly some new material.
"We're thrilled our adverts helped persuade Frankie Goes To Hollywood to make a comeback," Virgin Atlantic told the Mirror. " It's a great coup for us and 80s pop fans will be equally delighted."
FGTH has reunited and toured a few times over the last two decades, but never with the full, original lineup. In 2003, VH-1's Bands Reunited brought all the original guys back together for the final show of the season. But lead singer Holly Johnson was the lone dissenting voice in playing a short reunion concert.
The BBC must be going nuts with this reunion news. It was largely because they banned the playing of the sexually-encouraging Relax back in the '80s that Frankie caught everyone's attention in the first place.
TOP 5 HIGHEST-CHARTING FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD SONGS:
5. RAGE HARD: "I don't know which way to go. My love's like driven snow. When we past the test of time, my love, you shall be mine." [Performance]
4. WELCOME TO THE PLEASUREDOME: "I will give you diamonds by the shower, love your body even when its old." [Performance]
3. THE POWER OF LOVE: "When the chips are down I'll be around, with my undying, death-defying love for you." [Performance]
2. TWO TRIBES: "Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?" [Video]
1. RELAX: "Live those dreams. Scheme those schemes. ... Hit me with those laser beams" [Video]