A remake of a remake? Here comes 'The Fly' again
Why does this have a weird buzz? Director David Cronenberg is reportedly in talks to remake his 1986 flick The Fly, which of course was already a remake of the 1958 sci-fi classic.
The Risky Biz blog says Cronenberg is talking with Fox about writing and directing the new film. (By the way, fun fact: Did you know Cronenberg staged an opera version of The Fly in Paris and L.A.? No, that's not creepy at all.)
Not that Hollywood asks me, but it would seem the only reason to remake The Fly would be for the use of today's superior special effects. But I sorta still dig the '80s-era effects. Heck, why not just bring Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis back too? If it means Goldblum will get all buffed out again, I know he'd be up for it.
TOP 5 LINES FROM THE FLY:
5. "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly, perhaps she'll die."
4. "I'm sure Typhoid Mary was a very nice person too when you saw her socially."
3. "I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it. But now the dream is over ... and the insect is awake."
2. "If you plan to make anything disappear, please let me know - I've got an assistant editor who has outlived his usefulness."
1. "Be afraid. Be very afraid."