'Repo Chick' ... Otto doesn't approve
Maybe this is the good news we've all been waiting for: Director Alex Cox is getting ready to film a sequel to his 1984 cult classic Repo Man. Production begins in January, with David Lynch on board as the producer.
According to Slashfilm.com, Cox has said the sequel will "unfold against the background of the credit crunch and the subprime mortgage crisis in the U.S., where repossessions of homes, cars and other forms of property is at a new high. The repo business has expanded to everything from boats, houses, airplanes, small nations … children."
A female actor will take over the lead role, originally played with zeal by Emilio Estevez, according to TOR.com. You know what that means, right? You got it, the title will be ... Repo Chick.
TOP 5 UNDERRATED QUOTES FROM 1984's REPO MAN:
5. "I'd torture someone in a second if it was up to me."
4. "Managing a pop group is no job for a man."
3. "It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes."
2. "Let's go get sushi and not pay."
1. "The more you drive, the less intelligent you are."