Richard Marx blasts 'American Idol' in our most intriguing podcast ever!
1. He thinks American Idol is dreadful and is watering down talent in the music business. He misses the days when his contemporaries were Peter Gabriel and Sting, not Kelly Clarkson and Adam Lambert. (You're liking him already, aren't you?)
2. When he got his start in the L.A. music scene, he did background vocals for BOTH Lionel Richie and Kenny Rogers at the same time. (Truly the bookends of music at the time.)
3. One of his biggest hits, 1991's Hazard, was recorded out of spite. (For whom? His wife!)
4. When he plays Clearwater's historic Capitol Theatre on March 18, it will be his first solo acoustic show ever. (But he's not stressing it. That's how he writes all his songs.)
5. He's pretty sure I'm gay. (Okay, now you have to listen, right?)