Robin Williams returning to network TV? Shazbot!
Seriously, how often do you really get to use "shazbot" or "nanu nanu" in regular everyday conversation anymore? We have Robin Williams to thank for this brief comeback of obnoxious TV phrases because Williams is working on a return to network television.
Yes, all the usual sources are reporting that Williams will make his first return to network TV in 30 years. Wow, has Mork & Mindy really been gone that long? (The series lasted from 1978 to 1982. Seemed like a longer run than that, doesn't it?)
The show would be called Crazy Ones, and it'd star Williams as an advertising executive working alongside his daughter. If that sounds a little less than extraordinary, consider that he's developing it with writer David E. Kelley, who has been cranking out the hits since Doogie Howser M.D.
No word yet on when we'd actually see it debut. In the meantime ...
TOP 5 ROBIN WILLIAMS MOVIES OF THE 80s:
5. CLUB PARADISE (1986): "I got a little paranoid and thought people were out to get me. Now I know, they are."
4. THE BEST OF TIMES (1986): "Mr. Weasel's here."
3. THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP (1982): "Honey, the chances of another plane hitting this house are astronomical. It's been pre-disastered. We're going to be safe here."
2. MOSCOW ON THE HUDSON (1984): "Excuse me, I a... happy to talk to you, but I must now to make toilet."
1. DEAD POETS SOCIETY (1989): "No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world."
[Reprinted from Stuck in the '80s in 2008]