Running with the devil - again
David Lee Roth has reached an agreement to return to Van Halen as the frontman and lead singer for a 40-stop tour this summer, according to Billboard.com.
The band hasn't been on the road since 2004, when it toured with Sammy Hagar. But Hagar called it quits after feuding with Eddie Van Halen -- and he took his buddy bassist Michael Anthony with him. (Eddie's son Wolfgang will take over bass duties for the tour.)
This isn't a huge surprise -- Roth told Billboard a few months ago that a reunion was inevitable. But wow, what a year we've had with reunions.
- The original lineup of Asia launched a world tour last year, playing together for the first time in about 20 years.
- Genesis reunited with Phil Collins, Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford, and have scheduled a summer tour for Europe.
- Crowded House just today announced they'll reunite, release a CD and tour the world.
- The Police confirmed this week they're considering a reunion to mark their 30th anniversary.
- Thomas Dolby returned to the music world and launched a U.S. tour.
- Patty Smyth and Scandal reunited for short series of gigs.
Proof again that I'm not the only one stuck in the 80s. I just hope I can afford all the $80 concert tickets and XXL concert tees.