Saturday earworm: Let the River Run
Here at Stuck in the '80s headquarters in lovely, warm, sunny, snow-free Florida, we're hard at work producing the Top 10 Chick Flicks of the '80s podcast. It's a grueling show, full of sighs by my lovely (by that, I mean super-intelligent) female co-hosts, and audible disapproving grunts by myself.
And now I have another problem: I can't get Carly Simon's Let the River Run -- from the flick Working Girl -- outta my head. So now it's in all of your heads too. Enjoy.
TOP 5 'CHICK' LINES FROM WORKING GIRL:
5. "You don't get ahead in this world by calling your boss a pimp."
4. "Y'know, Mick, just once I could go for like a sweater or some earrings ... something that I could actually wear outside of this apartment?"
3. "Whaddya need speech class for, ya talk fine!"
2. "I am not steak. You cant just order me."
1. "Why that little... slut! Bitch! Secretary!"