'Say Anything' sequel? Cameron Crowe says yes
Okay, before everyone freaks out, let me be more clear: Cameron Crowe, when asked if he'd consider a sequel to the John Cusack 1989 classic Say Anything this weekend, said "yes." Okay, resume freaking out.
Crowe, out on the media trail to drum up publicity for his new Pearl Jam documentary, went into more detail on the idea of reprising the tale of Lloyd Dobler (Cusack) and Diane Court (Ione Skye), according to Entertainment Weekly.
"It’s the only thing that I’ve written that I would consider doing that with," Crowe said. "I’ve thought about it from time to time and talked about it with John Cusack once and just said this is the only story that I kind of think there might be another chapter to that at some point."
EW said they've asked Crowe the same question too and got a similar answer: "Lloyd is actually a character that I could write again," he told the magazine. "I know what the Lloyd writing muscle is, and it’s really fun to write that character."
Read the full blog item from EW for reaction from Skye and see how Crowe envisions Lloyd Dobler's future. (It's not as a professional kickboxer, even if it was the sport of the future.)
TOP 5 MEMORABLE QUESTION QUOTES FROM SAY ANYTHING:
5. "Why can't you be in a good mood? How hard is it to decide to be in a good mood and be in a good mood once in a while?"
4. "I was hilarious once, wasn't I?"
3. "If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?"
2. "Nobody thinks it will work, do they?"
1. "One question: do you need... someone, or do you need me?"