'Say . . . do you like Huey Lewis?'
How could we honor '80s movies NOT made in the '80s without mentioning the very creepy (i.e. excellent) flick American Psycho? It has something for everyone: Chain saws, tanning booths, rock-hard abs, prostitutes and It's Hip To Be Square. (My, my. Christian Bale has come a LONG way since playing the snotty little kid in Empire of the Sun.)
This week's Stuck in the '80s podcast is "part deux" in our series of shows honoring the latest flicks dedicated to our favorite decade. Films like Starter for 10, Basquiat and even the new Adventureland. (If you missed part 1, click here to listen.)
MEANWHILE ... You won't have to wait long for our next shows. With any luck, I'll have an Easter egg hunt for you on Sunday to find the very elusive Purple Rain audio commentary. Come back Sunday morning for some clues. And early next week, we'll have our interview with John Oates of Hall & Oates online, just in time for their April 15 show at Clearwater's Ruth Eckerd Hall. And yes, we ask about the mustache.
TOP 5 PRINTABLE LINES FROM AMERICAN PSYCHO:
5. "I don't want to get you drunk, but, ah, that's a very fine Chardonnay you're not drinking."
4. "This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite. "
3. "Listen, you'll have to excuse me. I have a lunch meeting with Cliff Huxtable at the Four Seasons in 20 minutes."
2. "Did you know that Ted Bundy's first dog was a collie named Lassie? "
1. "I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?"