A short Hall & Oates tour (I can't go for that)
The soulful pop duo Daryl Hall & John Oates is ready to hill the road again. Our hirsute heroes will play a short slate of gigs in December to promote the re-release of their "Home For Christmas" disc.
This is no cookie-cutter project. One of the tunes -- "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" -- hit No. 1 on the Christmas charts last year. Click here to read more about it from the duo's official website.
The December tour won't reach Florida, but fans in the Northeast -- you're in luck. Most of the gigs are in your neighborhood. Click here for the dates.
However, this is some good news for all fans: Hall & Oates is starting a monthly webcast called "Live from Daryl's House." Right now, it's available only at this website. (Guys, add it to iTunes! Then you'll be sittin' in butter.)
In the meantime, we'll cross our fingers and hope for a larger scale tour next year. I caught Hall & Oates back on their "H2O" tour back in '83 at St. Petersburg's old Bayfront Center Arena. So long ago, Oates still had that great 'stache. Fantastic night. The kind where you end up buying their entire back catalog the next day. Including, of course, today's top 5 list...
TOP FIVE HALL & OATES SONGS:
5. Rich Girl: "It's so easy to hurt others when you can't feel pain."
4. She's Gone: "I'd pay the devil to replace her."
3. I Can't Go For That: "You've got the body, now you want my soul."
2. Private Eyes: "You play with words, you play with love."
1. You Make My Dreams: "What I've got's full stock of thoughts and dreams that scatter."