A Shue-in for greatness
Here's my theory, and feel free to tell me I'm wrong: I can pass on "Cocktail." Pretty sure I can kick "The Karate Kid." Because when it comes to Elisabeth Shue, I'm ga-ga over "Adventures in Babysitting."
I think 1987's "Babysitting" was Shue's really classic role in the 80s. (And if it hadn't been for "Leaving Last Vegas" in '95 -- perhaps maybe her signature role?) Shue, who turns 44 today, plays a reluctant babysitter, forced to watch over two kids too old for a sitter (Maia Brewton and Keith Coogan) when fate drags them into a surreal nocturnal adventure through the back streets of downtown Chicago.
How well do you know the movie? Can you answer these 5 trivia questions?
1. What odd accessory does the tow-truck driver have?
2. What mythical figure does young Sarah worship?
3. When they find themselves trapped in a nightclub, what must the group do in order to leave?
4. How many stitches does Brad get after he's caught in the middle of a gang fight?
5. Who is the babysitter mistaken for several times in the movie?
And now for the "Nobody Leaves the Blog Item with the Top 5" list of favorite quotes:
5. "You wouldn't believe what that girl would do for 20 bucks!"
4. "Now boys, if either of you give me any grief I swear to God I'll kill you. Dead, murdered, stabbed."
3. "Don't touch it! It could get infected, Jesus! He could get anything - Tetanus, rabies, scabies, emphysema!"
2. "It's really scary here. I've just seen three people shoot up, a bald Chinese lady with no pants on, and there's this old guy outside who wants his bedroom slippers!"
1. "Don't f--- with the babysitter."