The t-shirts are probably $60 though
Not only has the death of the Ozzfest concerts been exaggerated -- it seems the price has been too. Ozzy Osbourne and his wife/manager Sharon Osbourne have confirmed that they will be launching the popular summer tour again this year -- and admission is free for all dates.
"Ozzy's been touring for 30 odd years and he's done very well, and just wanted to give something back," Sharon told a press conference this week. The exact lineup of bands hasn't been determined yet and the logistics of staging a free, but ticketed event are still being worked out, according to Pollstar.
The tour begins July 7 in San Bernadino, Calif. and will include 25 stops. Ozzy Osbourne, whose solo career took off in the 80s, headlines the show with a supporting cast of up-and-coming hard-rock acts. Previous bill included bands such as Slipknot, Queens of the Stoneage and Godsmack.
Top 5 Ozzy Osbourne solo tunes:
5. Close My Eyes Forever: "When we sleep would you shelter me in your warm and darkened grave?"
4. Mr. Crowley: "Yeah, they scattered the afterbirth - yeah!"
3. Shot in the Dark: "Never a care for people who hate."
2. Mama, I'm Coming Home: "Times have changed and times are strange."
1. Crazy Train: " Maybe, it's not too late to learn how to love and forget how to hate."