Take me to the movies or lose me forever: 'Top Gun' returns to theaters
Tom Cruise has appeared in exactly 25 films since 1986's Top Gun. But since none of them are nearly as quotable ("Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full"), AMC will honor the flick's 25th anniversary sending it back to theaters on April 30 and May 2. (In Tampa Bay, that means Brandon and North Tampa. Find one near you!)
According to Cinemablend.com, the film will be remastered and fans will receive a theater-sized poster along with the needed nostalgia.
While we wait for the end of the month, let's revisit an old favorite top 10 list here at Stuck in the '80s...
TOP 10 TOP GUN LINES TO RECITE TO ANNOY COWORKERS:
10. Swilling down Starbucks on the way in from the parking lot: "I feel the need ... the need for speed." (Or, if you're already caffeinated enough, "Time to kick the tires and light the fires!")
9. When coming in the office door: "Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees."
8. When your boss asks you to do something: "That's a negative, Ghost rider, the pattern is full."
7. When seeing your friend in the restroom: "Hey Goose, you big stud!" (Or, if you're feeling daring, "Great balls of fire!")
6. After that three-martini lunch to nobody in particular: "I flew with your old man. VF-51, the Oriskany. You're a lot like he was. Only better... and worse."
5. When passing off an assignment to a subordinate: "If you screw up just this much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dogs--t out of Hong Kong!"
4. On spotting targets at Happy Hour after work: "Too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns."
3. What to tell your wingman at Happy Hour after switching to guns: "Do not fire until fired upon."
2. What you tell yourself when your ATM won't cough up more cash: "Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash."
1. And whenever you get the chance: "Take me to bed or lose me forever."