Talk to me, Goose
Anthony Edwards doesn't get nearly enough credit for his work in the '80s. He's in at least four of my favorite movies (The Sure Thing, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Revenge of the Nerds, How I Got Into College). Plus he surely deserves kudos for passing on all the Nerd sequels. And he had most of his own hair -- at least until Top Gun.
Edwards turns 45 years old today. The man deserves his own top 5 list for sure.
Top 5 Anthony Edwards movies of the 80s:
5. Gotcha (1985): "Mon crayon est large."
4. Top Gun (1986): "The defense department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid."
3. Revenge of the Nerds (1984): "No one's gonna really be free until nerd persecution ends."
2. How I Got Into College (1989): "At Ramsey, we're looking beyond the numbers."
1. The Sure Thing (1985): "Private Gibson ... incoming!"