Top 5 country movies (a.k.a. 'Just read a book')
American Idol ... country music ... network TV watching. These are terms not thrown around very often on Stuck in the '80s and for good reason. (We don't like these things!)
But tonight, I'm stuck babysitting Sean Daly's Pop Life American Idol Chat and Shame-a-thon where those who have less of a social life than hibernating meerkats congregate to ridicule people who are far more talented than ourselves. (Me? I only watch because I'm sure one day Paula Abdul is gonna pass out on live TV and I don't want to miss it.)
And of course, it's Grand Ole Opry Week at Idol. Not something fun like Red Dawn Week or Max von Sydow Week. The whole thing stinks like Rhinestone, a movie so bad that Stallone and Parton still have visible scars from having their acting careers yanked away without anesthesia.
So please do me a favor and drop by the live chat, which starts at 9 p.m. Eastern time. We can talk '80s stuff even ... I promise!! In the meantime, here's a list to get you in the mood.
TOP 5 COUNTRY MOVIES OF THE '80s:
5. RHINESTONE (1984): "All right, we'll go to your place and you can show me your organ. But I'm warning you, it'd best be having music coming out of it."
4. MURPHY'S ROMANCE (1985): "You're a feisty old booger, aren't ya."
3. TENDER MERCIES (1983): "I don't trust happiness. I never did, I never will."
2. COAL MINER'S DAUGHTER (1980): "Are you so dadburn ignorant you don't know what horny means?"
1. URBAN COWBOY (1980): "My legs are sweatin', momma."