Top 5 drinking movies of the 80s
So what was the lethal combination of ingredients that left 80s icon Danny DeVito trashed for his recent appearance on the TV gab-show The View? Red wine, vodka, Limoncello and George Clooney.
Clooney and DeVito were joined by publicist Stan Rosenfeld for a night of dinner and drinks at an Italian restaurant, according to one website. Rosenfeld ended up throwing up three times in his hotel room. DeVito, though, suffered the worst from the night: He was obviously still quite drunk the next morning for his live appearance on The View. (Click here to see the video.)
In one interview, Clooney says he felt bad that he didn't let DeVito in on his secret for surviving a hard night of drinking: ""I got to the point where I was dumping the shots into a plant next to me and I don't think Danny saw me do that."
DeVito's an 80s icon, thanks to his timeless roles in Taxi, Ruthless People, Throw Momma from the Train and Twins. Clooney? Well, he had his mullet on Facts of Life and roles in Return to Horror High and Return of the Killer Tomatoes. But they both probably appreciate today's top 5 list.
Top 5 drinking movies in the 80s:
5. My Favorite Year (1982): Peter O'Toole, Mark Linn-Baker. What they're drinking: Anything you can put in a flask. "Ladies are unwell ... Gentlemen vomit."
4. Cocktail (1988): Tom Cruise, Bryan Brown. What they're drinking: Red Eye, beer, frothy rum drinks. "Beer is for breakfast around here, drink or be gone."
3. Strange Brew (1983): Dave Thomas, Rick Moranis. What they're drinking: Canadian beer. "If I didn't have puke breath, I'd kiss you."
2. Arthur (1981): Dudley Moore, Liza Minnelli. What they're drinking: Martinis, scotch. "I've taken the liberty of anticipating your condition. I have brought you orange juice, coffee, and aspirins. Or do you need to throw up? "
1. Barfly (1987): Mickey Rourke, Faye Dunaway. What they're drinking: Everything. "I remember ordering a draft, barkeep. What, are you out of brew, or has that lobotomy finally taken hold?"
Outside the 80s: Animal House, Old School, The Thin Man, Bad Santa, Sideways, The Big Lebowski, Swingers, Casablanca, The Legend of Drunken Master, Baseketball.