U2's unveils creepy, impersonal 2009 tour stage and setlist
U2 released photos today on Facebook of their stage setup for shows at Croke Park in Dublin, Ireland. At first glance, the obvious first reactions are:
- Is this the set of the Alien Nation remake?
- How do we know those tiny little dots way down in the middle of the giant stadium field are really band members? They could be livestock from that distance.
- Wow, this tour is going to make a fortune selling binoculars -- telescopes maybe -- to anyone sitting more than 30 rows from the stage.
U2 may be the biggest band in the world right now, but don't you sometimes wish they'd still act that the band that dazzled us with Under a Blood Red Sky? If there's something as too big for one's britches, this might be it.
By the way, here's the setlist so far for the 2009 tour, which hits Tampa's Raymond James Stadium on Oct. 9. Click here for dates near you.
- No Line On The Horizon
- Get On Your Boots
- Here Comes The Sun
- Beautiful Day / Blackbird
- Stuck In A MomentYou Can't Get Out Of
- The Auld Triangle
- Until The End Of The World / Break On Through
- The Unforgettable Fire
- City Of Blinding Lights
- Vertigo / Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio?
- O Come All Ye Faithful (snippet) / , I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
- Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
- Pride (In The Name Of Love)
- Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
- Where The Streets Have No Name / All You Need Is Love
- Bad / Fool To Cry
- Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
- With Or Without You
- Moment of Surrender